- Category: Uncategorised
We respect your privacy
VACD Ltd. and our affiliated entities (collectively we, us, our) collect and treat your personal information with the respect and confidentially it deserves.
"Personal information" means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
"Affiliated Entity" means a charity or charities that function in partnership with VACD Ltd., are legally instituted in the USA or in some other jurisdiction, are subject to regular supervision and scrutiny by the VACD Ltd. leadership, are subject to scrutiny, report to and are supervised by regulatory authorities in the jurisdiction where they operate and are licensed to use the VACD Ltd. name, logo and trademarks and other intellectual or marketing property.
"Program Entities" mean independent entities established or engaged to fundraise or provide services to VACD Ltd., affiliated entities or program entities which are licensed to use the VACD Ltd. name, logo and trademarks and other intellectual or marketing property.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Postal, residential or official address;
- Company name;
- Job title;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Fax number;
- Health information about a child or adult who is receiving services from VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity;
- Information about donations you have made to us;
- Information about the goods or services you have ordered/delivered for VACD ltd., its affiliated entities or program partners;
- Credit card information
How we collect your personal information:
- We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; when you make donations towards VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity or when you make outright gifts to VACD Ltd., an affiliated entity or a program entity and/or when we provide our services or receive services from to you;
- If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purpose of collection, such as to provide our services and meet our stated objectives and obligations as intended by you or even to process your donation;
- Where practicable, we will collect personal information directly from you. If we receive information about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware that we have collected personal information about you and the circumstances of the collection;
- We will only collect sensitive information (such as information about your health) with your or your parent's/ guardian's consent.
Use and disclosure of your personal information:
- Our main purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information are the following:
- to provide services to disabled children, community or group of persons or;
- to accept and process donations from you;
- to obtain products or services from our suppliers to facilitate the aims and objectives of our charity;
- to respond to enquiries from you and to send you information about what we do;
- to process and assess membership of applications to be part of VACD Ltd.;
- to undertake research and surveys and analyse statistical information; and
We do not provide your information to third parties, except as follows:
- as authorised or required by law;
- VACD Ltd. and other affiliated or program entities may exchange your personal information between them;
- to universities or other research bodies for research purposes but only in a de-identified format;
- to our affiliates and program partners in the future;
- to our sponsors, project partners and service providers who assist us in the provision of our services to beneficiaries of our charity including for example email service providers;
- to the relevant hospital for emergency contact purposes;
- where the assets and operations of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern; or
- you have provided your consent.
In the conduct of our business, we may transfer personal information to our affiliates, program partners or service providers outside the USA. The privacy laws of those countries may not provide the same level of protection as the privacy laws of the country from which the personal information was collected. However, this does not change our commitments to safeguard your privacy and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to the cross-border data disclosure.
Security of your personal information:
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, up to date and complete, and to protect it from misuse, interference and loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information:
Complaints about privacy:
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to:
Volunteers to Assist Children with Disabilities Limited (USA) Inc. No: 111, Suite #3308 Upper West Wacker Drivee, Chicago, Illinois, 60601 USA.
We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint. If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time of receiving it in writing or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right to make a complaint directly to the State or Federal authority empowered to investigate and act on such complaints.
When you visit our above website, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites:
How to Contact Us:
Mr. James Gruver,
No: 111, Suite #3308, Upper West Wacker Drive,
Chicago, Illinois, 60601, USA
Director - Volunteers to Assist Children with Disabilities Limited (USA) Inc.
Phone: +1 952 838 5638